tax, in-depth tax
30 Jun, 2017
Senior Tax Manager / Tax Partner
Excellent growth opportunity for partnership!
Local CA firm with a strong client base of public and private companies is recruiting for a tax professional to work directly with the Partners to provide tax and advisory services. This individual will manage tax engagements, performing tax planning & compliance, and identifying business development opportunities for the firm. Responsibilities include:
· Liaising with clients to gain in-depth knowledge of clients' businesses and tax structures to assist in minimizing their tax obligations.
· Assisting in the development of tax planning strategies and providing expertise in reorganizations, estate planning, business mergers & dispositions, and enterprise tax.
· Researching & analyzing tax issues and contacting CRA, legal counsel for any tax inquiries or audits.
· Assisting with cross border tax issues for their private clients.
· Reviewing complex corporate returns, personal & trust returns.
· Providing tax updates and training to internal tax & accounting staff, assisting with their development and training.
The successful candidate will be a CA, CPA (or equivalent) with proven tax expertise at the Senior Manager level and completion of the in-depth tax course. You will possess excellent client relations skills, strong mentoring abilities to train and develop staff and be efficient in multi-tasking. You will also take initiative, be adaptable and entrepreneurial to help with business development opportunities.
If you enjoy the variety and challenge in public practice but without having to spend the long hours working at a Big 4 or national firm, then this opportunity would be perfect for you. This firm offers a professional and dynamic environment and flexible hours in the summer, along with growth potential for partnership. We would also consider applicants ready for partnership. Salary is commensurate with experience but likely in the $125k-$150k range for a senior manager. Banked OT is provided, along with bonus
Applicants please submit your resume to email@example.com.