Senior (5+ years of experience)
$60,000 - $70,000
Senior Accountant - car needed
Our client has a relaxed, fun and upbeat corporate culture. If you are looking for a company that value team work and a roll-up the sleeves environment, this is a great company you would love to be a part of. This role will require a CPA/CA/CGA with minimum 2-3 years financial reporting experience from a multiple GLs environments to take on the role. Our client would also appreciate candidates with public practice training to come to this role.
If you pride yourself to have superb leadership skills to lead and oversee juniors accountants, and have impeccable people and communication skills, our client would love to have you in their team.
Duties will involve but not limited to:
Able to aid in the development, review and management of budgets and related expenditures
· Solid grasp of financial documentation and systems.
· Ensures AP, AR and Payroll functions are executed accurately and on time.
· Maintain all the necessary reporting to regulatory bodies and banks · Maintain the cash flow and working capital in adherence to any covenants in place
· Reporting and ensuring adherence to corporate and project budgets · Understands internal controls and how to reduce company risk by using them.
· Assists in financial evaluations to support capital investment decisions. · Work with external tax accountant (if required) to ensure Year Ends are complete as well as schedules are prepared and taxes are filed and paid on time (GST, Payroll, WCB, Corporate Installments, etc.)
· Prepares, reviews and discusses financial statements and reports with management no later than 15 business days after the last day of the month. · Prepares any profit-sharing reports for divisions or commission structure reporting so that agreements are upheld with partners and shareholders.
Leadership & Management:
· Trains, manages and motivates the AP/AR/Payroll clerks.
· Prepares for finance department meeting weekly.
· Prepares for and leads Project Manager meetings monthly.
· Attends and participates in bi-weekly 1-on-1 meeting with VP Finance
If you are a people - person with superb communications skills and enjoy a team environment, this will be a fantastic opportunity for you as it offers excellent career growth opportunity.
Salary: $60,000 - $70,000 with excellent benefits and work environment.
***You will need a car for this location***
Job keywords/tags: CPA , Financial reporting , Multiple sets of books , car needed