Mid Career (3+ years of experience)
CPA or equivalent designation
31 Aug, 2017
Fast-growing CPA firm that provides a full range of services to public and private companies is recruiting for a Senior Accountant. Working in a team environment and providing support to managers and partners, you will be responsible for conducting audit & assurance engagements. Duties include the following:
· Leading external audits and reviews for both public and private company clients.
· Planning and executing of fieldwork to ensure engagements are conducted within budget and on-time.
· Reviewing financial statements preparation and accompanying notes.
· Managing and coordinating complex projects across other service lines in tax and business advisory.
· Liaising with Clients to understand their businesses, objectives and to improve their operations, while providing feedback to senior management.
· Supervising staff, providing mentoring & training and developing their technical abilities to promote professional growth.
The candidate will be a designated CPA or a CPA articling student who has successfully completed the CFE. Ideally, you will have a strong understanding of Canadian public company reporting requirements and proven experience working on audits of public companies but we will also consider candidates with audit exposure to large or complex private companies. Excellent leadership and communication skills are required.
This firm provides a great team environment with a focus on work-life balance, that includes flex-time during the summer months. It also encourages professional learning and development for its employees, providing staff with opportunities to work on challenging engagements. A competitive compensation package will be offered along with banked overtime. Salary will be in the $60k-$75k range plus bonus (commensurate with experience).
Applicants please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job keywords/tags: IFRS , pubcos , audit